Skip to main content

Storybook Favorites

There were a wide variety of Storybooks to choose from with topics that spanned way past what I thought the project was. I loved this because it allowed for some extremely creative projects to be made. One example of this is the Storybook HiduLoverOnline (https://hinduloveronline.tumblr.com/). I audibly laughed when I opened this web page up. HinduLoverOnline is a dating site, but not for Hindu people meeting other Hindu people. Rather, it is for Hindu people getting the chance to date and even marry characters from works of Indian fiction. I myself am not Hindu, but I still want to try out this dating website. I have not had any luck from Tinder or Bumble, so maybe HinduLoverOnline will be where I find the one for me. The site itself is simple and easy to navigate, but it does look a little outdated. I saw this in the older storybook posts so I can't blame the technology of the time.
(Image: Indian Couple by Thanwan Singh, Flickr)

The next Storybook that caught my interest was about the formation of a group of demon slayers that killed with music, titled Musical Demon Slayers (https://sites.google.com/view/musicaldemonslayers/introduction). Music has always been a large part of my life and I am kind of jealous that I am not able to slay demon by blasting Beyonce from my car speakers (or maybe I am, but I just do not know it). The layout of the site is clean and consistent. I also love the use of videos throughout it because they show Indian music to help enhance the overall story. The one thing that threw me off was the picture used in the header of the introduction page. It did not mesh well with the site. This is a good thing to keep in mind when making my own because visuals can help reinforce but also hinder. 


The last Storybook that I found is titled "Indra Lord of Thunder" (https://sites.google.com/view/indralordofthunder/introduction). This intrigued me because I saw that the Greek god Zues as well as the Norse god Thor were in the story. I never expected different cultures to intermingle when it comes to gods and goddesses. How the introduction describes the story, the characters sound exactly like their characters in their respective mythology. This helps to reinforce the idea that these are not characters that were made up with coincidentally the same name, but rather a cross cultural story. These are not seen very often and I think it greatly adds appeal to the Sotrybook. One flaw that I noticed was that some of the pictures used were too large that I was unable to see them fully without having to scroll. It is important to make sure a picture fits within the screen so that it can be viewed as a whole rather than in pieces.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 11 Story: The Voice

A few months had passed since the Jackal/Lion cub was made fun of for using his voice. Many had forgotten as he had fell into the background during the games and activities that he went to. He still had the body of a lion and that was enough to stop others from continuing to make fun of him. The worst part about not using his voice is that the cub was terrified to pursue his true dream: to sing. One day the cub was running errands for his father (the lion). He had some food strapped on his back that he was carrying home and was getting bored on the long walk back home. Then, a thought popped into his head. He looked around and saw that no one was there, so he began to sing. What many do not know about a jackal's voice is that they have the most beautiful singing voice. It had been so long since the cub had been able to use his voice that is was a little hoarse, but shortly it became a lovely clear tune that his mother (the jackal) used to sing for him when he was little. Every