Skip to main content

Tech Tip: Typing Test Part 2

Okay, so I did another typing test. I know it was only a few weeks ago that I did the first one, but not only am i typing lie crazy in this class, I am also typing like crazy at work. We recently have been having to enter hundreds of labels into a database. These tubes do not have actual words on them, rather they have random letters and a date on them that have to be entered correctly. It is not very fun to be typing at a computer for 5 hours at a time, but at least I am getting paid.

This is why I decided to redo the tests to see if I have increased in my typing speed. I did not. I was literally the exact same on both websites and the exact same as last time basically. What always trips me up on the typing tests is that I feel the pressure and whenever I mess up I have to go back and fix it without continuing on. I know that a lot of time you can just fix it all after, but I hate seeing those red lines as I type so they need to be taken care of right away. I still think I type well and I have even cranked out a 2000 word essay in only a few hours. I do not recommend that at all because I did not have my sources or anything, but I managed to pull it all together and get an A on it.

This is definitely the class that I have to type the most and I think nothing will ever beat it in terms of words per semester. That would be really interesting to find out though. Exactly how many words did I type for this class. Maybe I could do that one day if I am feeling bored, but I highly doubt that will happen. Hopefully my typing speed will increase the next time I take a test.

Comments

  1. Hi Jacob! I think that this post is super interesting because I think that my tying skills have improved over the semester as well. This class is definitely the one where I have to type the most as well. I think that typing is a valuable skill and I am glad we have both improved on it throughout the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Jacob! I really liked this tech tip as I did not even recall this when I was going through trying to find extra credit assignments and various mobile things that would help someone out. I feel like the typing test is crucial in various settings as when I was trying to apply for a medical scribe position, the online application requires you to take a typing test to test your accuracy and speed of typing to keep up with whatever the physicians or nurse practitioners say so as a medical scribe, you can note down all of it. Passing this exam with a specific score allowed you to move on through the application and knowing this, practicing with various websites like the ones you have mentioned will really help many individuals along the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 12 Story: Seeking Refuge

A family of five stand in the long line at the Mexico/US border trying to get through. The mother asks the father if he has the correct paperwork needed to cross through. They believe there will be no issue as they are only seeking refuge in the states. With anticipation they wait. Longer and longer as the sun beats down overhead. Finally, after about six hours waiting, their turn comes. The border patrol asks for their paperwork. He stares at it for a long time as if trying to find something wrong with it. Eventually he hands it back to them and tells them to pass. The children start to get excited, but the mother tells them to calm down. They are not in the clear until the border is no longer in sight. As they begin the cross the bridge by foot, they are stopped by another patrol. He tells them to come over for a random inspection. The father does not know what they are going to inspect. All they have are the clothes on their backs. The officer searches each one of them, even t