Skip to main content

Revised Storybook Plan

After reading the comments and thinking over it myself, my storybook plan was not much of a cohesive plan. I misunderstood that each story was meant to stand on its own, so that changed how I wanted the sotrybook to go. Below is my new plan for what I want to do for my storybook.

I still want to stick to the dream aspect of Kumbhakarna. I want each story of his to be a different dream. These dreams will not be connecting to one another and one can be read without knowledge of the others. For one of the stories, I want it to be about him and Ravana when they were growing up. This way I can make my own story up, but also help tie it in to why Ravana started to become a villain and if Kumbhakarna is bad because he is bad, or because of pressure from his brother.

For the next story, I want it to be about Kumbhakarna killing Rama and becoming worshiped by everyone around him. Even though I want to display Kumbhakarna in a positive light, I think this story plays along the fact that everyone wants to be praised for doing something great. This story will be told from the point of view of Kumbhakarna so the readers can hear his internal dialogue abou whether what he did was truly deserving of all the praise he is receiving.

For the possibly last story, I want to make a love story between Kumbhakarna and someone who I have thought of yet. I may make someone up, but I may pull another misunderstood character from the Ramayana and make that how they fall in love.

Now that I have given each story more thought, I am happy with each one and think my audience will be able to view Kumbhakarna as a more relatbale character, rather than murdering giant. I also made my homepage image that of Kumbhakarna sleeping because that helps give the readers a better idea of the storybook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 12 Story: Seeking Refuge

A family of five stand in the long line at the Mexico/US border trying to get through. The mother asks the father if he has the correct paperwork needed to cross through. They believe there will be no issue as they are only seeking refuge in the states. With anticipation they wait. Longer and longer as the sun beats down overhead. Finally, after about six hours waiting, their turn comes. The border patrol asks for their paperwork. He stares at it for a long time as if trying to find something wrong with it. Eventually he hands it back to them and tells them to pass. The children start to get excited, but the mother tells them to calm down. They are not in the clear until the border is no longer in sight. As they begin the cross the bridge by foot, they are stopped by another patrol. He tells them to come over for a random inspection. The father does not know what they are going to inspect. All they have are the clothes on their backs. The officer searches each one of them, even t