Skip to main content

Storybook Plan

For my storybook, the hardest part for me will be sources. At this moment I only have the Ramayana I read, a comic book, and another book. I feel like that may not be enough sources. Because of the sources I have only containing the same story for Kumbhakarna and no real others, my plan is to make my own stories that center around Kumbhakarna's sleep. For specifically, I want to write about the dreams he has during his time of rest. One possibility would be taking other stories from around the Ramayana and insert him into them somehow. So he thinks that he has been a part of all of these stories but in the end he wakes up and finds out none of it was real. I just now thought of that idea, so I still have not decided whether I want to create my own dreams, or have them be other Ramayana stories.

The main idea for this storybook would be to make them believe that Kumbhakarna could have easily fit in these stories, and are just as surprised when they find out it was all a dream. I like to add twists, so I definitely will be incorporating something in at the end. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 12 Story: Seeking Refuge

A family of five stand in the long line at the Mexico/US border trying to get through. The mother asks the father if he has the correct paperwork needed to cross through. They believe there will be no issue as they are only seeking refuge in the states. With anticipation they wait. Longer and longer as the sun beats down overhead. Finally, after about six hours waiting, their turn comes. The border patrol asks for their paperwork. He stares at it for a long time as if trying to find something wrong with it. Eventually he hands it back to them and tells them to pass. The children start to get excited, but the mother tells them to calm down. They are not in the clear until the border is no longer in sight. As they begin the cross the bridge by foot, they are stopped by another patrol. He tells them to come over for a random inspection. The father does not know what they are going to inspect. All they have are the clothes on their backs. The officer searches each one of them, even t