Skip to main content

Topic Research: Kumbhakarna

For my storybook, Kumbhakarna makes a great character to play the main role due to the curse that he receives and my personal interests. The first story that I am getting information from is Kumbhakarna: The Sleeping Giant, a comic book found in the OU library. This tells the origin of the curse and why Kumbhakarna has it. This is necessary to start my story and give background as to where his deep sleeping came from.

For another source, I found a book titled Iliad of the East that contains a chapter about Kumbhakarna. It tells of the giant who sleeps and a more in depth story than the comic could give. I think this would greatly helped by providing more detail on the characters of the story. I do not think Kumbhakarna is as bad of a guy as the stories make him out to be. This book would also provides the story of his time while sleeping. I think it would be a great idea to tell the story of a dream he had while asleep. The dream could be about how Kumbhakarna saves the day and becomes a ruler or king, but then wakes up to find that it was all a dream. 
(Awoken Kumbhakarna. Source: Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 12 Story: Seeking Refuge

A family of five stand in the long line at the Mexico/US border trying to get through. The mother asks the father if he has the correct paperwork needed to cross through. They believe there will be no issue as they are only seeking refuge in the states. With anticipation they wait. Longer and longer as the sun beats down overhead. Finally, after about six hours waiting, their turn comes. The border patrol asks for their paperwork. He stares at it for a long time as if trying to find something wrong with it. Eventually he hands it back to them and tells them to pass. The children start to get excited, but the mother tells them to calm down. They are not in the clear until the border is no longer in sight. As they begin the cross the bridge by foot, they are stopped by another patrol. He tells them to come over for a random inspection. The father does not know what they are going to inspect. All they have are the clothes on their backs. The officer searches each one of them, even t