Skip to main content

Topic Brainstorming

Topic 1: Ganesha

As my last few blog posts have referenced, I am quite interested in Ganesha and the stories behind him. The main reason behind my interest is all of the questions I still have about him. Why does he have an elephants head is the most glaring one, but also what are his origins? According to Wikipedia, his origin story has been told in many different ways. This would be beneficial in telling my own story because there is not a set narrative for Ganesha, making it easier for my mind to come up with something original.

Topic 2: Reincarnation

As a child who grew up in a religious family, reincarnation has always been a taboo during conversations. As I have gotten older I have become more open to other religions around me and accepted that questioning is normal. While I still consider myself religious, looking at the aspect of reincarnation is something I have not been able to go in depth about. A story idea that came to mind when thinking about reincarnation is rather than a person coming back as someone/something else, they come back as the same person. This would give the person to change how their life was lived and try to better one life, rather than a completely new one each time you die.

Topic 3: Kumbhakarna

This is a topic I know the least about, but it was mentioned to me in a previous comment on my introduction posts. Supposedly, Kumbhakarna was cursed with long periods of sleep, and while I do not know much about these long periods of sleep just yet, I think they would be a great time to tell a dream sequence story. Dreams are always distorted so I could play around with the world and make even the impossible seem real.
(Kumbhakarna. Source: WikimediaCommons)

Topic 4: Dasharatha & Family

When researching topics I came across Dasharatha and it made me think of my own family for some reason. Not the multiple wives part, but more so about all the family drama that occurs. Because of this, I think it would be the perfect family for a murder mystery. Rather than being all strangers like a typical murder mystery, they are all related. I was thinking that, or something along the lines of August Osage County (more of a dramatic approach without the murdering).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

(Sea of Dreams. Source: Pixabay ) Storybook

Introduction to Ya Boi Jacob Heath

Hey all, My name is Jacob, but I go by many nicknames: Jake, Heath (my last name), DJ (it is a long story). You can also just call me Jacob, which is what most people do. My major is microbiology/pre-med. Microbiology is an odd major because the first microbiology course I took was not until second semester junior year, so I am glad I enjoyed it or else I would have wasted my first two years on a major I did not enjoy! I eventual plan is to become a doctor. I still have a long ways to get there, but I am hopeful. People always ask me what specialty I am planning on, and I always hate giving them an answer. That part of my life is sooooo far away that I know my views and likes on different areas of medicine will change. Because most people expect an answer, I tell them sleep medicine because something about sleep and dreams interest me so much. I was the kid who had night terrors and sleep walked (I still do sometimes), so I think it would be a good fit for me. My biggest hobby wo

Week 12 Story: Seeking Refuge

A family of five stand in the long line at the Mexico/US border trying to get through. The mother asks the father if he has the correct paperwork needed to cross through. They believe there will be no issue as they are only seeking refuge in the states. With anticipation they wait. Longer and longer as the sun beats down overhead. Finally, after about six hours waiting, their turn comes. The border patrol asks for their paperwork. He stares at it for a long time as if trying to find something wrong with it. Eventually he hands it back to them and tells them to pass. The children start to get excited, but the mother tells them to calm down. They are not in the clear until the border is no longer in sight. As they begin the cross the bridge by foot, they are stopped by another patrol. He tells them to come over for a random inspection. The father does not know what they are going to inspect. All they have are the clothes on their backs. The officer searches each one of them, even t